This is a fast-paced world we live in. Everybody seems to be in a hurry. Nobody has the time to spend more than a couple of minutes browsing through your website. Therefore, it is absolutely necessary for you to make sure that your website has a reasonably good loading speed. You cannot afford to keep your visitors waiting for more than 10 seconds. It is true that using high-end graphics and animations can affect the speed. However, there are ways to tackle it.
Why Site Speed is Important for Your Website?
According to a survey conducted by Google, visitors expect a site to load in 2 to 4 seconds!!! That’s the speed you need to achieve. 40% of users tend to abandon a website if it doesn’t load within 4 seconds. Can you imagine the volume of traffic you would end up losing if you don’t match the speed expectations? You won’t be able to attain a higher rating on Google if your website is not fast enough. Google rank websites high on its search results which load quickly.
SEO Factor Gets Affected Big Time!
As mentioned, Google ranks those websites which load quickly. Therefore, in terms of speed, if your website is not up to the mark, then you have problems. SEO is the key to digital marketing and Google is one of the main players in this entire domain. As a matter of fact, a huge portion of global SEO is being controlled and determined by Google itself. Therefore, as a business, if you are aiming to promote your website, then the speed needs to be spot on.
3 Tips to Improve the Speed of Your Website
In today’s world website speed and performance optimization are related to each other. Here are a couple of tips that could help you improve the speed of your website.
- Responsive Design: You need to make sure that your website loads at a reasonably faster rate across all sorts of devices.
- Link Structure: The link structure of your website needs to be properly arranged. This includes the followings:
- The way you have linked the pages of your website
- Categories of the menu bar
- URL structure
- External links
- Internal links, and others
- Site Navigation: This is one of the most important factors. As far as site navigation is concerned, it has to be quick and smooth. You cannot keep your users waiting while they are trying to browse through different pages of your site. Site navigation plays a very important role in bounce rates. Besides, it is a key determining factor on how much time one spends on your website.
So, when it comes to website design, it is not only how you decorate and design your site that is important. The speed of your site is as vital as how attractive it is. To make it simple for you, it is the speed that eventually makes or breaks your website.